Curriculum for Life
We exist to help the help the children, young people, and families in our area to flourish spiritually, academically and personally, so that they experience a long and fulfilling life.
Our Curriculum for Life is designed to develop our students personally (e.g. character, interpersonal skills etc) and spiritually (e.g. understanding of self and purpose).
We do all things with love; in everything that we do, we try our best to be courageous, to be forgiving, to advance peace and champion equality.
We work together with staff, students, parents and local organisations to provide the very best curriculum for life.
Each week pupils in years 7-13 will participate in 5 x 30-minute “Curriculum for Life” sessions (8:45-9:15am).
The 5 sessions will comprise of:
- Collective Worship delivered by our chaplaincy team.
- Based around our school values of love, peace, forgiveness, courage and equality.
- More information can be found here.
- Some elements of the PSHE curriculum are covered in these sessions.
- Class reading sessions on topics such as leadership, communication and teamwork.
- Mental, Physical, Relational, Intellectual, Spiritual and Financial Health.
- This covers the vast majority of the PSHE curriculum.
- Classroom based worship sessions designed to develop students' understanding of themselves and their values.