St Michael's Church of England High School, Crosby is an over-subscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school which is part of LDST (the Liverpool Diocesan Schools Trust).
St Michael's is located in Crosby in a popular residential area, close to open countryside and an impressive coastline, and offers excellent transport links. Free transport may also be available if your child attends a school chosen on the grounds of religion or belief (evidence may be required).
EXECUTIVE HEADTEACHER'S WELCOME
St Michael's Church of England High School, Crosby is an over-subscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school supported by the Diocese of Liverpool.
The school is located in Crosby in a popular residential area, close to open countryside and an impressive coastline, and offers excellent transport links.
St Michael's Church of England High School, Crosby is an over-subscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school supported by the Diocese of Liverpool. The school is a member of Liverpool Diocesan Schools Trust (LDST). LDST is a family of schools that welcomes young people and none, to provide an built on distinctly
Our Church of England status is extremely important to us and our Christian Vision and Values underpin every decision that we make for our young people. As the only Church of England secondary school in Sefton we offer a distinctive education based upon our Christian Vision and Values.
Building on the foundation of Luke 2:52, “Jesus grew in wisdom and stature,” students and staff grow spiritually, personally and academically as Christ did. By embodying our Christian values of love, peace, forgiveness, courage and equality, we flourish in a caring Christian community enabling achievement for all.
Choosing the right school for your child is a difficult decision. You want students to experience the best teaching, to have exciting learning opportunities and become well qualified, but also you want them to enjoy school, to be safe and happy and to develop socially and spiritually. Here at St Michael's, we believe we can meet all of those needs and our 'Outstanding' SIAMS report confirms this.
The current SIAMS report states:
- St Michael's is an Outstanding Church of England High School with outstanding collective worship
- Exceptional pastoral care and academic guidance reflect the Christian values of love, equality and forgiveness. As a result, students’ behaviour, attitudes to learning, levels of mutual support and relationships with staff are outstanding.
- Christian love in action and an unstinting commitment to meet all students’ needs are at the heart of this vibrant school
- The care the staff provide routinely and in times of crisis is outstanding
- The drive to improve standards of achievement is making an impact throughout the school
- GCSE outcomes are at or above national figures
- Relationships throughout the school are excellent
- Students’ behaviour is outstanding – they are polite and look after each other
- Vulnerable students and those with special needs receive highly personalised support – they blossom and achieve levels of progress and attainment significantly above national figures
- The influence of the Christian values on the personal development and welfare of all is an outstanding feature of the school’s provision
- This commitment to inclusion, shown in the belief that everyone can fulfil their potential has made St Michael's a popular choice for parents seeking a school where their child will be cared for.
Our aim is to achieve the best possible education for every child within a caring and purposeful Christian community where each student is valued as an individual. We work closely with parents and carers, to ensure that the self-esteem and confidence of our students can grow in a safe and supportive environment. We strive to meet the needs of every child, irrespective of ability, to enable them to realise their potential both in and out of the classroom.
We are proud of our students' many achievements and believe that our school is so successful because it is based on a strong partnership between the school, home, church and local community.
Our current Ofsted report states:
- Pupils including students in the sixth form, value and enjoy the friendly and welcoming feel of their school.
- Pupils benefit from trusting relationships with staff. Pupils are respectful of each other.
- Leaders have high expectations for all pupils, including those with special educational needs and / or disabilities.
- Pupils are pleased with the extracurricular clubs and enjoy the range of activities on offer.
- The sixth form is a harmonius community where students support and care for one another.
- Leaders have designed a well-ordered and age-appropriate curriculum to support pupils' personal development.
At St Michael's Church of England High School, we have the highest expectations of our students in all aspects of school life: work, discipline, appearance and social behaviour. We encourage prospective parents to visit us during the school day when our students are at work and play. This allows parents to witness for themselves the genuinely warm, family atmosphere of encouragement, acceptance, respect and outstanding achievement for all.
I hope that the information contained in this website will provide a useful introduction to our vibrant centre for education.