Baroness Newlove Visits St. Michael's
Offical Opening of our Centre of Excellence for Autism
Section 48 Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools
Congratulations to everyone in the St Michael's family
Please Click here for full report
Here are some highlights:
'The dedicated and authentic Christian leadership of the highly respected headteacher, ably supported by Governors, senior leaders and other staff sets a clear direction for the school. He inspires everyone to provide the very best for the students'
- 'Exceptional pastoral care and academic guidance'
- Students' behaviour, attitudes to learning, levels of mutual support and relationships with staff are 'Outstanding'
- 'GCSE outcomes are at or above national averages'
- 'Vulnerable students and those with special needs....blossom and achieve levels of progress significantly above national figures'
- 'Relationships throughout the school are excellent'
- 'The care the staff provide routinely and in times of crisis is outstanding'
- 'The influence of the Christian values on the personal development and welfare of all is an outstanding deature of this school's provision'
- 'Christian love in action and an unstinting commitment to meet all students' needs are at the heart of this vibrant school'
Latest: Parent Governor election outcome: Mr P McParlan duly elected after recent election
Children in Need - our wonderful students raised £1696.82
An amazing total - our highest yet by some margin!
The recently published performance tables, designed by Government to help parents choose a school for September 2016,
have placed St Michael's 6th for performance in the crucial 5 GCSE A*-C including Maths and English 2015 measure
1 Greenbank High School 74%
2 Range High School 72%
3 Formby High School 69%
4 Deyes High School 61%
5 Holy Family Catholic High School 60%
6 St Michael’s CE High School 59%
6 Meols Cop High School 59%
Latest news: Our Headteacher, Dr S J Hulme has been invited to serve as a member of the University Council (Governing Body) at Liverpool Hope University
GCSE results summary 2015
English 77% A*-C
Maths 70% A*-C
Eng Literature 81% A*-C
Chemistry 100% A*-C
Physics 100% A*-C
Biology 100% A*-C
History 88% A*-C
Geography 81% A*-C
Spanish 80% A*-C
Textiles 92% A*-C
Res Materials 86% A*-C
Hosp & Catering 77% A*-C
5 A*-C incuding English and Maths has risen again to 60%
Dr Hulme, Headteacher, congratulated students taking GCSEs in 2015 on their achievements.
“I am proud of the hardworking and self-disciplined approach shown by our students, which, along with the support of their parents and our staff has enabled them to achieve fantastic results once again.”
“It is particularly pleasing to see further rises in the pass rates in all the subjects listed above which now exceed national averages. We look forward to welcoming our students back to Sixth form learning centre.'