St. Michael's ECO Awards
Sefton Eco Champion Finalist 2015 (Kian Halliwell)
Sefton ‘Eco Team of the Year’ 2015
Sefton Eco Champion Finalist 2016 (Alfie Butler)
Community Stewardship Winner 2016 (Alfie Butler)
North West in Bloom (Merit) 2016
Sefton Green League Table ‘Most Improved School’ 2016
Liverpool Echo ‘It’s Our World’ Environmental Awards Finalist 2016
Liverpool Echo Schools Awards ‘Healthy Living’ Award Winners 2016
Offical Opening of our Centre of Excellence for Autism
Section 48 Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools
Congratulations to everyone in the St Michael's family
Please Click here for full report
Here are some highlights:
'The dedicated and authentic Christian leadership of the highly respected headteacher, ably supported by Governors, senior leaders and other staff sets a clear direction for the school. He inspires everyone to provide the very best for the students'
- 'Exceptional pastoral care and academic guidance'
- Students' behaviour, attitudes to learning, levels of mutual support and relationships with staff are 'Outstanding'
- 'GCSE outcomes are at or above national averages'
- 'Vulnerable students and those with special needs....blossom and achieve levels of progress significantly above national figures'
- 'Relationships throughout the school are excellent'
- 'The care the staff provide routinely and in times of crisis is outstanding'
- 'The influence of the Christian values on the personal development and welfare of all is an outstanding deature of this school's provision'
- 'Christian love in action and an unstinting commitment to meet all students' needs are at the heart of this vibrant school'
Latest: Parent Governor election outcome: Mr P McParlan duly elected after recent election
Children in Need - our wonderful students raised £1696.82
An amazing total - our highest yet by some margin!
The recently published performance tables, designed by Government to help parents choose a school for September 2016,
have placed St Michael's 6th for performance in the crucial 5 GCSE A*-C including Maths and English 2015 measure
1 Greenbank High School 74%
2 Range High School 72%
3 Formby High School 69%
4 Deyes High School 61%
5 Holy Family Catholic High School 60%
6 St Michael’s CE High School 59%
6 Meols Cop High School 59%
Latest news: Our Headteacher, Dr S J Hulme has been invited to serve as a member of the University Council (Governing Body) at Liverpool Hope University